There has never been a better time to join Newham. Our improvement journey is well underway and we are committed to offering our social workers the focused support, professional development and working environment to flourish.
We have an ambition to be a Centre of Excellence in social work by 2023. Working at Newham will give you unique skills and experience that you will carry with you throughout your career.
To be a social worker in Newham is to be an agent of change – and to spend your days doing they sort of social work that you came into the profession to do.
We've put in place an outstanding package to help make Newham a great place to practice social work:
- A four year personalised career pathway, including opportunities to gain specific advice at an annual Careers Fair
- Flexible working with modern technology to enable working from home and remote working
- Newham Social Care Academy providing a workforce-lead training programme
- Training in systemic practice as standard, with an extended programme potentially leading to a Masters in Family Therapy
- A Practice Framework that enables a positive, nurturing and collaborative work environment built on trust
- Excellent transport links to London and the East of England
- Permanent and stable senior leadership with a consistent vision
- An ambigtion to be a nationally recognised Centre of Excellence for Children's Social Care by 2023
- Annual incremental wage rise, with potential double increments for top performers
- Travel assistance package for social workers to buy a business parking permit or free Oyster card for business use, mileage allowance and cycle allowance
- Relocation package of up to £7,500 for new recruits
- Employee assistance programme providing free 24-hour counselling, support and expert advice on personal, financial and legal issues
- Free Fit2Work 1-1 wellbeing sessions
- Annual free eye test
- Occupational health service
We also offer a competitive salary package with a £5,000 annual retention payment for qualified roles below Service Manager.
Newly Qualified Social Worker: £34,881
Social Worker: £34,884 to £43,860 + £5,000 retention payment per annum
Practice Leaders: £45,834to £51,837+ £5,000 retention payment per annum
Service Manager: £58,566 to £72,621
Head of Service: £67,938 to £86,682